Restore & Explore: Winter Retreat, FLORIDA
Kashi, 11155 Roseland Road - Sebastian FLRegister Now
Refresh yourself this winter with qigong, yoga and self-care in Florida.
Enjoy a variety of gentle, easy-to-learn, accessible, and meditative styles of qigong and yoga that focus on breathing and body sensing, including Kripalu yoga, yin yoga, and yoga nidra. Plus, an intro to tai chi. Enjoy complete relaxation with rejuvenating restorative yoga, postures and practices of bliss and wellbeing. Time for self-care, reflection, rest, reading, connection to community and exploring area attractions.
Our retreat will be in the Kashi Yoga community, on the banks of the St. Sebastian River. We will offer morning, afternoon & evening qigong and yoga sessions, for a total of 5 hours daily. And spacious afternoons and evenings to relax, walk and meditate in the numerous temples and sacred places on the grounds.
We’ll create opportunities for you to explore on your own, or join with other members of our group to carpool and enjoy the beautiful white sand beaches nearby and affordable water front restaurants less than 15 minutes away. If you are a lap swimmer, you can join Ken at the local Olympic size swimming pool just 5 minutes by car. Also Pelican Island, our nation’s first national wildlife refuge is a short ride away.
Our own daily schedule will include options to participate in Kashi community activities, which are offered to the public and special guests.
The dream of my life
Is to lie down by a slow river
And stare at the light in the trees
And be nothing a little while
But the rich lens of attention—Mary Oliver
Rates (all rates are per person)EARLY BIRDS pay in full by Dec 1st, save $75!! REGISTER a friend or spouse and save $100.
- $1430 Deluxe Suite (one available) 2Q beds/bath/sitting area
- $1360 Private Single (one available) private bath
- $1290 Private Single shared bath
- $1290 Semi Private (one available) 2 beds/private bath
- $1220 Semi Private 2 or 3 beds/shared bath
- $1115 Dorm Style (men & women separate)
- $890 Commuter 3 meals
- accommodations for 7 nights
- 3 delicious gourmet vegetarian meals a day*
- yoga, qigong, yoga nidra daily
- a kayak outing with a professional river guide
- tour of temples and grounds
- Kashi Gift Store open extra hours (other than during dinner times)
- labyrinth meditation walk
- visit the Kashi permaculture project on site
- a fire pit evening session
- community kayaks available, river side boardwalk trails
Retreat does not include
- Transportation to/from the retreat
- 2 dinners offsite in local waterfront restaurants, to enjoy meat, fish, seafood and alcoholic beverages
- beach trips and local explorations
- Kashi-led yoga & qigong classes (schedule permitting)
*except for 2 nights when we will be on our own, to go out as a group to enjoy fish, seafood, or meat dinners and glass of wine in local restaurants.
Address: Kashi, 11155 Roseland Road, Sebastian, FL 32958
Getting there: By car: Kashi is located 5 miles from Interstate 95 Exit 156 and 3 miles from US Highway #1, between Vero Beach and Palm Bay, on Central Eastern Florida’s Treasure Coast
By air: the closest airport is Melbourne (30 minutes north) or both Orlando or West Palm Airports just 90 minutes away
Airport transfers: Uber is the preferred method. Also, Action Shuttle, tel 772-569-6398. Call in advance to get price and book the shuttle.
Staying off campus: Recommended hotel is Best Western in Sebastian. Approximately 5 miles away. Tel 772-388-9300. Let them know you are attending an event at Kashi and request the discounted rate available to Kashi guests.
What to bring: optional personal yoga mat and extra props, beach towel, your favorite snacks if you need to refuel during throughout the day. Although the meals are so fulfilling and delicious most people are satisfied without needing snacks. Water bottle to fill-up from filtered water on site. Don’t forget to bring your smile and spirit of adventure!
Kashi is an interfaith spiritual community founded in 1976 by Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati. The teachings are based on compassion and service. Kashi is committed to interfaith dialogue, envisioning a world in which all are treated with kindness, dignity and respect.To visit Kashi online please visit www.kashi.org